With Apples & Cranberries
This delicious side dish combines all the flavours of fall in one amazingly simple recipe.
Makes 4 servings
- 2 medium to large sweet potatoes about 500 to 615 g (1 to 1-1/4 lb) total, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, cored and diced into small 2 to 2.5 cm (3/4 to 1 in) pieces
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) dried cranberries
- 22.5 mL (1-1/2 tbsp) butter
- 22.5 mL (1-1/2 tbsp) brown sugar
- 4 mL (3/4 tsp) salt
- 2.5 mL (1/2 tsp) cinnamon
- Combine in a large Ziploc® brand Zip 'n Steam™ Microwave Steam Cooking Bag the sweet potatoes, apple, dried cranberries, butter, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- Seal bag and shake gently to combine ingredients. Pat ingredients into single layer. Place bag in microwave.
- Cook on full power for 8 minutes (large bag), or until sweet potatoes are tender. If needed, continue microwaving at 30 second intervals until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Allow bag to stand for 1 minute before handling. Shake gently to distribute ingredients. Carefully open bag and serve.
Diane’s Entertaining Tip:
I love to bring the outdoor fall colours indoors, so when decorating my dinner table I make sure to use a combination of placemats, glassware, and napkins that match the deep reds, rich oranges and vibrant golds of fall. Then, I finish off by placing a candle in the middle of a carved- out baby pumpkin.
- Heather, Paris, ON