Perfect for winter, this soft, easy-to-make dessert is a festive way to celebrate the snow and add a delicious dessert to any meal or a special treat for guests.
- Make in 1 hour
- Yields 54 cookies
- 1 cup (250 mL) butter
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) confectioners’ sugar plus 1 cup (250 mL) for dusting
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) finely chopped almonds or pecans
- 1 tbsp (30 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 cups (500 mL) sifted all-purpose flour
- Ziploc® brand Easy Zipper® Storage Bag
- Cream butter in a mixing bowl.
- Gradually add 1/2 cup (125 mL) of sugar and the salt.
- Continue creaming until light and fluffy.
- Add nuts and vanilla extract.
- Blend in flour gradually. Mix thoroughly.
- Shape teaspoonfuls of dough into balls.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325 °F (177 °C) for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle some of the confectioners’ sugar over cookies while still on the sheet. Cool before removing from cookie sheet.
- Place some confectioners’ sugar in a Ziploc® brand Easy Zipper® Storage Bag and place some of the cookies inside. Gently shake well so the sugar completely coats the cookies.