For any occasion!
These tasty bites are a healthy way to add a bit of spice to your next gathering. And since they are so easy to make you’ll want to whip them up for any occasion!
- 2 boneless, skinless, chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2.5 mL (1/2 tsp) hot sauce
- 5 mL (1 tsp) chili powder
- 5 mL (1 tsp) garlic powder
- .5 mL (1/2 tsp) salt
- Combine ingredients in a Large Ziploc® brand Zip ‘n Steam™ Microwave Steam Cooking Bag.
- Seal bag and shake to mix ingredients.
- Pat ingredients into an even, single layer. Place bag in microwave.
- Cook on full power for 4 minutes (Medium bag) or 3 1/2 minutes (Large bag) or until chicken is cooked through, with no trace of pink. If needed, continue microwaving at 30-second intervals until done.
- Allow bag to stand 1 minute before handling. Gently squeeze bag to distribute seasonings. Carefully open bag.
- Spoon 1 Tablespoon freshly-squeezed lime juice over chicken. Pour chicken and juices from bag. Season with additional salt and hot sauce.
Serve over a bed of lettuce, if desired.
Diane’s Entertaining Tip:
When dismantling holiday decorations, I save the white lights from the tree and string them up around the windows in the kitchen. Plugging them in when it starts to get dark gives the room a cozy glow!
- Robin, Calgary, A