A deliciously warm welcome
Welcome new friends and neighbors with this unforgettable banana bread recipe.
Great banana bread recipes are hard to find, but I think I have a successful attempt with this favorite recipe of mine. Full of sweet banana flavor, this moist and delicious loaf is sure to make a good impression on anyone you present it to.
- 180 mL (3/4 cup) granulated sugar
- 180 mL (3/4 cup) brown sugar
- 80 mL (1/3 cup) vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 370 mL (1 1/2 cups) all purpose flour
- 5 mL (1 teaspoon) baking soda
- 3 mL (1/2) teaspoon salt
- 80 mL (1/3 cup) buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a loaf pan by spraying it with cooking spray. Beat sugar and oil together until fluffy. Add eggs and mix. Mix in mashed bananas.
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour, soda, and salt. Add 1 cup of the flour mixture to the banana mixture. Stir until just combined. Add half of the buttermilk and mix until combined. Add the remaining flour and buttermilk and stir until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and smooth out the top. Bake for 45 minutes to one hour, or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow the loaf to cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.